Monday, May 9, 2011

Glass Pendants

As you saw in my previous post on paper beads, my interests have moved beyond simple bead working and into bead making.  Previously, I've flirted with creating clay beads and beads made out of sculpey.

Now I've moved on to making glass pendants.

Basic components and finished product

The glass tiles are large decorative accents obtained from the floral section of Michaels (where else).  Cut out a slightly smaller piece of decorative paper and glue it to the base of the tile.  Then, apply a coat of varnish to the back of the pendant.  Finally, you can glue either a store bought bail or a hand crafted one to finish off the pendant.  I like to apply another coat of varnish at this point just to fix all the components in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment